In today's hyperconnected world, reliable access to network resources is critical to all businesses. However, you also need to invest wisely to stay competitive, knowing how to separate the essential from the extraneous and get the most value for your dollar. While building a solid foundation for your business network infrastructure is essential, it doesn’t mean you need the most advanced feature set on the market.
For businesses requiring high performance, advanced security, and rich manageability from the network, fully managed switches are an excellent choice. However, they also typically come with high price tags. Smart switches provide the right level of network features and capabilities for growing businesses at an affordable price, so you’ll have more dollars to put toward growing your business.
With Cisco® Business 250 Series Smart Switches , you can achieve enterprise-grade network performance and security without paying for advanced network features that you will not use. When you need a reliable solution to share online resources and connect computers, phones, and wireless access points, Cisco Business 250 Series Smart Switches provide the ideal solution at an affordable pricing point.
The Cisco Business 250 Series is the next generation of affordable smart switches that combine powerful network performance and reliability with a complete suite of the network features you need for a solid business network. These powerful Gigabit Ethernet switches, with Gigabit or 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks, provide multiple management options, sophisticated security capabilities, and fine-tuned Quality of Service (QoS) and Layer 3 static routing features far beyond those of an unmanaged or consumer-grade switch, at a lower cost than for fully managed switches. And with an easy-to-use web user interface and Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) capability, you can deploy and configure a complete business network in minutes.
Whether you need basic, high-speed connectivity for your computers and servers or a comprehensive voice, data, and wireless technology solution, Cisco Business 250 Series switches can meet your business needs. Possible deployment scenarios include:
- Small office networking: The versatility and affordability of the Cisco Business 250 Series family of switches provide an ideal enterprise-class networking foundation for small businesses with limited IT support and budget.
- High-speed desktop connectivity: Cisco Business 250 Series switches can quickly and securely connect employees working in small offices with one another and with all of the printers, servers, and other networking devices. High performance and reliable connectivity help speed up file transfers and data processing, improve network uptime, and keep your employees productive.
- Flexible wireless connectivity: Cisco Business 250 Series switches work with Cisco and third-party wireless solutions to extend the reach of your network. With security features, Power over Ethernet (PoE), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), and QoS, these switches are the perfect foundation to add enterprise-grade wireless solutions to a network. The capability of up to 30W of power per port provided through the Ethernet cable means you can easily deploy innovative 802.11ac wireless technology to maximize workforce productivity.
- Unified communications: The Cisco Business 250 Series provides QoS features to enable you to prioritize delay-sensitive traffic in your network and let you converge all of your communications solutions such as IP telephony and video surveillance onto a single Ethernet network. Cisco offers a complete portfolio of IP telephony and other unified communications products designed for small businesses, and Cisco 250 Series switches have been rigorously tested to help ensure easy integration and full compatibility with these and other vendor products.
Features and benefits
Cisco Business 250 Series Smart Switches provide all of the features you need to create a basic enterprise-class network at an affordable price. These features include:
Easy configuration and management: Cisco Business 250 Series switches are designed to be easy to deploy and use by small businesses or the partners that serve them:
- Cisco Business Dashboard is designed to manage Cisco Business switches, routers, and wireless access points. It lets you easily customize the interface and widgets to proactively manage your network. Cisco Business 250 Series switches support embedded probe for Cisco Business Dashboard, eliminating the need to set up a separate hardware or virtual machine on site.
- The redesigned modern web user interfaces reduce the time required to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage the network. Configuration wizards simplify the most common configuration tasks and provide the ultimate tool for anyone to set up and manage the network.
- Reliability and performance: Cisco Business 250 Series switches have been tested to deliver the high performance and reliability you would expect from a Cisco switch and help you prevent costly downtime. The switches speed file transfer times, improve slow and sluggish networks, keep your vital business applications available, and help your employees respond more quickly to customers and each other. With a network based on Cisco Business 250 Series switches, you can address all of your business communications and connectivity needs and reduce the total cost of ownership of your technology infrastructure. Cisco Business 250 Series switches also support 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks on select models, so you can build a high-performance and future-ready network to support your thriving business.
- Layer 3 static routing: This capability allows you to segment your network into separate workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application performance. As a result, you can manage internal routing with your switches and dedicate your router to external traffic and security, helping your network run more efficiently.
- Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+): Cisco Business 250 Series switches are available with PoE+ on Gigabit Ethernet models. This capability enables the deployment of IP telephony, wireless, video surveillance, and other solutions with just a single network cable, thereby eliminating the need for separate power supplies or cabling. PoE+ provides up to 30W of power per port, ideal for deployments of 802.11ac wireless access points, Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) IP cameras, videophones, and thin client devices, delivering more flexibility and investment protection.
- Network security: Cisco Business 250 Series switches provide the security and network management features you need to maintain a high level of security for your business, keep unauthorized users off the network, and protect your business data. The switches include integrated network security to reduce the risk of a security breach, with IEEE 802.1X port security to control access to your network, Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention to increase network uptime during an attack, and extensive Access Control Lists (ACLs) to protect sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
- IPv6 support: As the IP network addressing scheme evolves to accommodate more devices, you can have peace of mind that your network is ready. Cisco Business 250 Series switches provide native support for IPv6 alongside traditional IPv4. With USGv6 and IPv6 Gold Logo certifications, these switches will enable you to take full advantage of IPv6-enabled applications in the future, without having to upgrade your network equipment.
- IP telephony support: Cisco Business 250 Series switches include QoS features that prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments, and help ensure consistent network performance for all services.
- Networkwide automatic voice deployment: Using a combination of Cisco Discovery Protocol, Layer Link Discovery Protocol - Media Endpoint Discovery (LLDP-MED), Auto Smartports, and Voice Services Discovery Protocol (VSDP, a unique, patented Cisco protocol), customers can deploy an end-to-end voice network dynamically. The switches in the network automatically converge into a single voice VLAN and set of QoS parameters and then propagate them out to the phones on the ports where they are discovered. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic.
- Flexible and compact design: The sleek and compact design provide additional deployment flexibility, including outside wiring closet installation such as retail stores, open plan offices, and classrooms without disturbing the environment.
An energy-efficient solution: Cisco Business 250 Series switches are designed to be energy efficient and eco-friendly without compromising performance. They help conserve energy by optimizing power use, which helps protect the environment and lowers your energy costs. Power-saving features include:
- Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods
- Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down
- Embedded intelligence to adjust power based on cable length
- Fan-less design in most models, which reduces power consumption, increases reliability, and provides quieter operation
- Peace of mind and investment protection: Cisco Business 250 Series switches offer the reliable performance, investment protection, and peace of mind you expect from a Cisco switch. Complementary one-year access to our Small Business Support Center for ongoing support. Limited lifetime warranty with return to factory replacement keeps your business running smoothly
- Ethernet Switch
Manufacturer Part Number:
Manufacturer Website Address:
- Cisco Systems, Inc
- 250 CBS250-8P-E-2G Ethernet Switch
Expansion Slot Type:
- SFP (mini-GBIC)
Number of Total Expansion Slots:
Number of SFP Slots:
Shared SFP Slot:
Total Number of Network Ports:
Port/Expansion Slot Details:
- 8 x Gigabit Ethernet PoE
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet TP/SFP Combo
- Gigabit Ethernet
Media Type Supported:
- Optical Fiber
- Twisted Pair
PoE (RJ-45) Port:
- 67 W